Thursday, July 17, 2008

mmmmm pineapple pie you are my favourite!!!

While my mom was visiting we bought a very nice pineapple, the objective was that my mom would show me how to make a really nice pie...

I waited patiently for the pineapple to ripen and then things got hectic during my mom's last week of her visit... so we didn't really have time to do anything with the pineapple ... I was very sad because I really wanted to learn how to make the pie..

SO I DID!!! I decided to make up my own little recipe.. I got all of the pulp out of the pineapple by inserting a knife repeatedly around the heart of the pineapple and scooping the insides... then I heated up a little butter in a pan, dropped all of the pulp and added a bit of sugar and cinnamon.. let it cook for a bit and I proceeded to add a bit of corn starch to thicken the juice. I pour the mixture into a prepared pie shell and VOILA!!! the result is amazing... trust me you have to TRY IT!!!


No comments: