Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Numbers that will blow your mind!!!!

So.. I am taking an Introduction to International Relations and Global Politics. The other day we get into talking about the U.S. National Debt and here are some things I discovered.

The current national debt is about 11 trillion (can you picture how many zeros that is?? cause I certainly couldn't visualize it.. I had to sit there with my pen and go .. thousands.. millions.. billions.. wow... trillions).

Now...if you had gone into business on the day Jesus was born, and your business lost a million dollars a day, 365 days a year, it would have taken you until October 2737 to lose a trillion dollars.. just ONE trillion.. now the United States debt is 11 of those.

At the rate of loosing a million dollars a day it would take until the year 32,369 to loose the 11 trillion dollars.

WOW... head explode right?!

No comments: