Friday, September 7, 2007

Monsieur Josh cooks a Turkey - Part I

Yesterday, after my first day of class and after my delicious supper (which was lamb with sautéed zucchini on the side, my first time cooking lamb), I was on the phone with Monsieur Josh and we got talking about thanksgiving and the most exciting/disturbing/I don't know how to describe it piece of news was delivered:

"This year I am cooking the thanksgiving turkey, and YOU are helping me"

the echo of "and YOU are helping me" lingered for a bit....


when the echo was gone the first thought in my mind was OH NOES! It will just be like the tale : Dave cooks a Turkey by Stuart McLean

I tried to put my fear aside and be supportive of Monsieur Josh, but the truth is I am terrified of cooking a turkey, YES... terrified, specially for thanksgiving and specially for his family. I must begin the research, and if YOU (yes you reading this) have any stories or tips that you would like to share... PLEASE DO!!!



..... "and YOU are helping me"

No comments: